One Lutheran's Thoughts

Live and grow, change, reform...well, this blog used to be my 'primary' space, but not any more. This is now the online 'home' of my poetic ramblings and musings. Sometimes there is a faith/theological hue, while others not so much. Check out the pictures. Remember - literacy is visual too!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Water's Current of Life

Have you ever just sat back and wondered what was going on?
Where the next stop is going to be?
Who is driving the train?

Have you ever simply just given up the fight?
Stopped asking questions?
Stopped living?

I had a brief second of this the other day,
and I have to say that I was not comfortable with it.
I just stopped and said - enough, it is not worth it.

But in the end I think the things we fight for,
the issues of justice, peace, unity and love
are worth the fight, and are probably worth a little more.

For when I stopped and threw up my hands
Life stopped. I died.

Yet this death was not and is not final
for in the waters of life there is a steady current.
I am caught up in that current and the motion brought me back to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home