One Lutheran's Thoughts

Live and grow, change, reform...well, this blog used to be my 'primary' space, but not any more. This is now the online 'home' of my poetic ramblings and musings. Sometimes there is a faith/theological hue, while others not so much. Check out the pictures. Remember - literacy is visual too!

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Alleluia!

Alleluia! Alleluia! Christ is risen!

Isn't funny that when you stop saying something, like Alleluia, for a period of time, when you begin to again is seems to take over! Throughout this day I have spoken the word Alleluia repeatedly and there is a sense of joy and excitement each time I say it. And this excitement is continually building!

Today is the day we celebrate Jesus' resurrection from the dead. And I wonder about those who he was close to felt this morning. A sense of shock? Amazement? Disbelief? Wonderment? I am sure this just begins to speak to the feelings of those first friends and followers. But I have tried to imagine today what that would have been like.

Specifically I have been wondering about the women that found the tomb empty. Can you imagine that feeling? Your friend and teacher was just murdered on a cross and you did nothing to stop it. Now, we arrive to the tomb to take care of the rituals related to burial - and he's gone! I can hear them thinking, "This is where we placed him. Who could have taken him? Why? Haven't 'they' done enough?"

And yet these questions and others were quickly put aside with the appearance of an angel who asks them why they look for the living among the dead. That's right! The living! He promised that death would not hold him - so of course he is living! But how? Where?

To be continued.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home