One Lutheran's Thoughts

Live and grow, change, reform...well, this blog used to be my 'primary' space, but not any more. This is now the online 'home' of my poetic ramblings and musings. Sometimes there is a faith/theological hue, while others not so much. Check out the pictures. Remember - literacy is visual too!

Friday, April 01, 2005

The Dying Pope

The world is watching with baited breath to hear news of Pope John Paul - as he is approaching is death. He has been struggling lately with various medical problems, and it appears now that death is imminent.

I pray for the Pope and for those who gather around him, both physically and in prayer. I pray for a world that will have faith in the life that is after death. I pray for those who do not have a single mortal soul standing with them during their last breath. Lord of Life, let your presence continue to flow throughout your entire creation. Amen.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/4/05 21:09, Blogger Kim said…

    Well this afternoon the Pope died. All thorughout the day (as I am sure will continue for some time) the news channels have been showing documentarys, interviews, etc...of the Pope. So in prayer I thank God for the faithful life and ministry of Pope John Paul II and pray for the leadership of the Catholic church as they prepare to discern who the next Pope will be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home