One Lutheran's Thoughts

Live and grow, change, reform...well, this blog used to be my 'primary' space, but not any more. This is now the online 'home' of my poetic ramblings and musings. Sometimes there is a faith/theological hue, while others not so much. Check out the pictures. Remember - literacy is visual too!

Friday, April 01, 2005

You've Been "FORKED"

April Fool's at its best! This morning President Mark Ramseth had Brenda call me and tell me that the postings of internship assignments had been put up early and that I should come over and check out my placement. At first I bought it, but then a few minutes later I remembered the date. Well indeed it was a classic April Fool's prank - so it was thus required that I pay back.

I attempted a payback via email by securing an annonymous Yahoo account. He didn't buy it....so we began to plan a larger plan.

Kate, Jane, Cecilia, and eventually Jill and I set him up good, with the cooperation of Carol his wife. The president was to attend a dinner to celebrate the retirement of a faculty member. We arranged to have a pizza delivered - except the pizza was only going to be crust that appeared as a smiley face - no cheese and no toppings. Then Jill, Kate and I went over to his house and planted 204 white plastic forks throughout his lawn and labeled his house with the 'official' "You've been forked!" sign. I was hilarious.

I don't know of his response to this yet - but I can not wait, and although I am sure he will know who to tag for this, I hope he has no clue.....we will see.

Funny how even silly, childish antics still bring the mischevious joy out in all of us! It's about being real....living life in the love and grace of God and loving and laughing with your sister and brother!

1 Comments:

  • At 4/4/05 08:40, Blogger Kim said…

    Well - alas the forking was a success, but the pizza delivery failed. They tried to deliver it three times, but they didn't get home in time. The company called three times to no avail and then President Ramseth called them and they said it was already gone. But 1 out of three ain't bad! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home