One Lutheran's Thoughts

Live and grow, change, reform...well, this blog used to be my 'primary' space, but not any more. This is now the online 'home' of my poetic ramblings and musings. Sometimes there is a faith/theological hue, while others not so much. Check out the pictures. Remember - literacy is visual too!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Alone and Free

It is amazing how just a few days can change things so majorly! I am now inundated with so much work and various scheduled meetings. What happened to the 'freedom' and the 'aloneness' I so feared?

ALONE AND FREE

It is a strange place
to be alone and free
We get so caught up, bound
by the peripheral things in our lives.

But today I am alone and free
and my emotions don't know what to do.
I know this time alone is not 'bad'
But I have been conditioned to want to be with others
yearn to be with others.

And this freedom
why don't I feel bound?
Why is this freedom scary?
Why am a fearful?

So I look to you God
and
seek your face
seek your hand
seek your guidance
in this new place.

(c) KSC 1/8/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home