One Lutheran's Thoughts

Live and grow, change, reform...well, this blog used to be my 'primary' space, but not any more. This is now the online 'home' of my poetic ramblings and musings. Sometimes there is a faith/theological hue, while others not so much. Check out the pictures. Remember - literacy is visual too!

Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Looking through

Do you ever just stare at stained glass, a bit awe struck by its beauty? I do this often, as though I am looking for something; some movement, some life. But recently I have wondered something, I have realized that I am not looking at what I should be looking at. Instead of looking at the glass as an object, why am I not looking through the glass at the light which brings the glass alive? Alive and dancing with color. The color of love, of family, of welcome, of acceptance, of support, of encouragement, of gentleness. The color of everything can be seen in the light that shines through the glass. The glass is a tool or a channel. However, not a tool of chance, but a carefully crafted and loved tool of the light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home