One Lutheran's Thoughts

Live and grow, change, reform...well, this blog used to be my 'primary' space, but not any more. This is now the online 'home' of my poetic ramblings and musings. Sometimes there is a faith/theological hue, while others not so much. Check out the pictures. Remember - literacy is visual too!

Thursday, November 11, 2004

I am headlong into the 'rush' of the end of a term. And the rush this time seems a bit more extreme than I have experienced before. Why do we put overselves through all of this? I mean, I have been steadily working throughout the quarter and now with time ticking ever so loudly in my ear I have taken a pace that is neither good for me physically (long nights, early mornings, lots of caffeine) or emotionally. I am exhausted, yet there is much more that lies ahead. Does this rush happen in the parish (realizing that there are no finals, and exegeticals and the like due)? I mean, are Christmas and other festivals like this? How does one keep up a pace that enables them to complete what NEEDS to be done, yet also one that allows one to breathe and take some healthy time 'away.'This may be me the overachiever...and do-er fully at work, and this is something that I am working on. But how does one continue to do their best work and still balance this stress and rush of it all?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home